School is ending soon and it’s time to dive into a season of family fun. So, we're continuing our month-long summer entertainment guide series with a few events to get your adventures started.
- Explore freedom and creativity at the Please Touch Museum on Monday, June 19 with a day of Juneteenth programming that celebrates the Black experience. Enjoy art workshops, storytimes, music, activities, and performances. [$19, West Philly]
- Head to Sister Cities Park with your young children on Thursday, June 22. Philadelphia Ballet instructors will teach them how to express themselves through the art of dance. [free, Logan Square]
- Check out life-size animatronic dinosaurs and insects at The Philadelphia Zoo through September 4. [$6 plus admission, West Philly]
- Through August 27, celebrate all things Disney at The Franklin Institute. Disney100 features more than 250 pieces of Disney memorabilia from the Walt Disney archives, and offers exclusive looks into the creation of the most beloved characters. [$25-$45, Logan Square]
- Enjoy outdoor roller skating through July 16 at Dilworth Park. Hour-long sessions are available seven days a week. You can reserve tickets online. Kids under 10 get in for $8. Skate rentals are $6. [$10, Center City]
- Join Bartram’s Garden every Saturday through Oct. 7 for kayaking and rowboating on the Tidal Schuylkill River. No experience necessary. Equipment is first come, first served.